- Vanderbilt medical students received a general dental health lecture from Meharry dental faculty.
- Assisted Shade Tree Family Clinic in providing dental health care for patients.
- Facilitated three dental or dental-related grants for Shade Tree Clinic.
- Enabled Meharry students to work at Shade Tree Clinic.
- Created a resource for public schools in science and health.
- Facilitated a relationship between Vanderbilt Scientist in the Classroom and Murfreesboro city schools.
- Worked with Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt on the Coordinated School Health Program.
Top: An MVSA member tutors a student at the Schwab School in Nashville, through the Project PENCIL program. Middle: Dental Day brought together Meharry’s School of Dentistry, Tennessee State University’s Dental Hygiene Program and Vanderbilt medical students to offer Shade Tree pediatric patients a free dental cleaning. bottom: Brian Drolet (VUSM) and Whitney Boon (MMC) examine a patient at Shade Tree Clinic.