MVA community engagement builds bridges and strategic partnerships across Meharry, Vanderbilt and community organizations to promote health equity. To this end, we:
- Develop and support strategic partnerships focused on health issues of mutual concern.
- Seek to understand issues impacting the community and leverage community assets.
- Foster the use of evidence-based practices and employ a health equity lens in community engagement programming.
- Bring together multisector collaboratives and support community-led collaboratives to advance community health.
- Engage in teaching and training to build capacity to address health issues of mutual concern and to ensure best practices in community engagement.
- Support mutually beneficial research partnerships and scholarly activities that promote health equity.
- Connect community partners to resources at Meharry and Vanderbilt, including faculty expertise and student service learning opportunities.
- Provide students with opportunities to learn about community health improvement and community engagement, enhancing the ability of students to impact community health.
Community Health Leadership Award
The Clifton K. Meador Community Health Leadership Award was named in his honor and given to an individual in the community whose leadership and accomplishments have contributed significantly to improving access to quality care for low-income, uninsured people in Nashville and the surrounding area.