The Meharry-Vanderbilt Student Alliance (MVSA) is a collaborative network that promotes resources and opportunities for students across institutions to connect with faculty, health professionals, community partners, and their peers.
Increasing diversity in the health workforce is a key driver of the MVSA's efforts. We leverage our network to facilitate:
- student mentorship, from high school to graduate and medical programs
- personal and professional development
- opportunities for interprofessional community engagement
Schools that have participated are listed below.
- Meharry Medical College School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Meharry Medical College School of Dentistry
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- Meharry Medical College School of Graduate Studies and Research
- Vanderbilt University Law School
- Vanderbilt University Divinity School
MVA Annual Faculty Commitment to Student Excellence Award
This award provides an opportunity to recognize faculty from Meharry Medical College or Vanderbilt University Medical Center who lead student interest groups for the trainees outside of their own institution. The faculty exhibit a strong commitment to teaching while serving as a role model to students, residents, and trainees, but who have also excelled in this responsibility. This award is unique as the faculty being recognized must be committed to student involvement at an outside institution.
2023 Recipient: Susan Eagle, MD, Professor, Cardia Anesthesiology, VUMC